Thursday, 23 August 2012

Hail Storm :(

There was a crazy hail storm this afternoon!  Luckily I was home so I could shut the upstairs windows that were open.  The hail was about the size of quarters and it was so loud hitting the windows!  I thought for sure they might break.  I got a video of how loud it was and a picture to show how much there was!  



It definitely wasn't good for the garden!  As you can see there are holes straight through most the the squash leaves and many stems are broken.  The corn is a bit roughed up but looks like it was pretty resilient.


Craig phoned me from work to ask me to check on the corn while it was still hailing!  Now I know that he values the corn more than my personal safety.  I waited for the hail to subside before braving the rain to check on it. 

 The garden looks so sad :(



2 comments:

  1. Your video sounds like someone is throwing marbles at your house. I bet the garden isn't as sad as Craig;(

    ReplyDelete