Today we hosted our first holiday in our new home! We made ham and scalloped potatoes for Easter. Almost my whole family was able to attend. This was the first time I have cooked a meal for that many people, and it worked out quite well. I had to wake up at 7AM to put the ham in the slow cooker and it turned out quite well ... but I probably could have put it in at 9AM. I also tried out a new recipe for a broccoli casserole that is definitely a keeper. All in all it was a great family meal. Unfortunately my brother and his family couldn't make it because they just had a new baby, but we will be going to visit them on Monday.
The menu included: Pasta salad (made by sister), spinach salad, broccoli casserole, roasted brussel sprouts, scalloped potatoes, and ham. For dessert we had saskatoon pie and trifle (made by my mom), toffee saltines (aka. crack candy), and chocolate mints. Definitely a delicious meal ... and Craig and I won't have to cook for many days to come!
Easter dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment