Thursday, 29 March 2012

So many details.

The house we have purchased was flipped.  This means it was nicely renovated... but the job was slightly rushed so there have been lots of surprises to deal with.  There were obvious things, like the fact there was no appliances, but there were little things we didn't think about... such as door stops and shower curtains.  As a bonus, I now get to use a drill fairly often  :)

Here is some of my handy work with the drill: 
I installed 10 door stops!  

I installed the mirror, towel rack, toilet paper holder, and towel hooks in the basement bathroom.

With Craig's help we installed bars on the basement windows.
I also put plastic on the basement windows, but the only power tool that required was my hair dryer.

Installed the mirror in the main washroom. 

There were other small details that needed to be tended to as well.  For example, the house next door can look directly into our washroom.  I put some plastic on the window so now they can only see our silhouettes.

Now the neighbors have to use their imagination if they want to watch me shower.

Craig also changed all of the locks and dead bolts.
This reminds me, Craig still needs to caulk the dead bolt on the front door.

We have installed blinds on all of the windows that were easy to find blinds for...

I am very glad we didn't buy a house that actually required a lot of work.  We have been very busy with these somewhat small jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment